Amanda Bremmer, Pass the Torch Board Member and Mentor, is raising her hand to celebrate International Women’s Day.
Here are the ways she says you can #ChooseToChallenge:
- Join me in attending the annual International Women’s Day virtual celebration on March 8th at Noon EST! This event will feature many wonderful guests highlighting their stories from across the globe to help spark change.
- Participate in our Pass the Torch #ChoosetoChallenge virtual pledge challenge! I’m challenging YOU to show your support. Click here to take the pledge. Use the hashtags #IWD2021 and #PassTorch4Women in your post. Be sure to tag @PassTorch4Women too!
- Show your support! Share your pledge card and “Strike the Choose To Challenge” pose and share on social media to encourage people to commit to helping forge an inclusive world.
- Consider making a gift or donation. International Women’s Day will also launch a new sixty-day fundraising campaign, with a goal of raising $50,000. This campaign will allow Pass the Torch for Women Foundation to increase its impact in supporting women across the globe. Proceeds will be used for programming to ensure mentees have a strong foundation of support for their personal, professional, and basic needs. Those interested in giving should visit the Pass the Torch website on March 8th for more information.
- Support women-owned local businesses this month!
INTERNATIONAL WOMEN’S DAY EVENT DETAILS
International Women’s Day is all about empowering and supporting women from all over the world. Join us on March 8th at Noon EST for what will be a global demonstration of inspiring stories to highlight the incredible women who have overcome challenges and are paving the way for future generations.
We have so many wonderful guests lined up in our program, with special stories from across the globe to share how we can come together to empower our community. The inspiring program is sure to ignite meaningful conversations to spark change to light the path for others.
Special Guest Appearances From:
- Gabby Douglas, Olympic Gymnast
- Brandi Chastain, Two-Time FIFA Women’s World Cup Champion & Gold-Medalist
- Wanyá Morris, Member of Boys II Men
- Bethany Hamilton, Professional Surfer and 2013 Shark Attack Survivor
- Jackie Joyner-Kersie, All-Time Greatest Track & Field Athlete
- Alexandra Breckenridge, Actress
- Noelle Lambert, Paralympic Track and Field
- …And other community leaders!
At Pass the Torch for Women Foundation, we believe that every woman should have the platform to use her voice and what better day to celebrate the theme of #ChoosetoChallenge than International Women’s Day!
Grab your mentors and peers and register today for this annual event so you can continue the conversation on how we can empower women! Corporate sponsorships for this event are available, with event sponsorships starting at $500. To learn more about how you can be a corporate partner, please visit our website!
ABOUT THE KEYNOTE
Sola Adelowo is an American inspirational leader, executive coach, and proven mentor who enjoys helping people reveal their truest self in the midst of professional and personal expectations. Her unique life experiences are what led her to launch ImageCube in Indiana to help clients master and amplify their executive presence. Sola’s Nigerian ancestry inspired her path into entrepreneurship while overcoming personal challenges allowed her to transform grief into success. Along the way, clients became friends because of the authentic and sincere connection fostered with each person. These friendships opened the door for Sola to embark on a global adventure of great risk, grounded in optimism. When faced with opportunities to challenge the status quo, Sola did so with intentionality, humility and resilience.
Throughout her journey Sola has always sought to gain perspective to shape and sharpen her understanding of the world and those with whom she engages every day. By reaching far beyond her comfort zone, Sola is able to help others do the same, and in turn equip people to discover their own new and more enriched perspective.
With a BA in Sociology from Wellesley College, MA in Critical Urbanisms from University of Basel in Switzerland, research studies on workplace relationships from University of Cape Town in South Africa, travels to over 20 countries, Sola brings a ton of perspective to her work. With more than a decade in the corporate world in Boston, Chicago, Indianapolis, and Basel, Sola gained intuitive knowledge she translates to practical awareness of organizational culture. Her passion for research, combined with deep knowledge of organizational theory helps her connect strongly with any audience.