September Open House Recap
In case you missed the Open House from this past week here is a recap of some of the great insights Carol D’ Amico, EVP at USA Funds, shared!
A Mentor is:
Some of the lessons Carol has learned from being a Mentor as well as a Mentee!
– Act like you belong
– Putting yourself in a position to find a mentor
– Be open to opportunities that might not be in your plan; give it a chance. You have to figure out why you are there.
– Be balanced
– Be knowledgable
– Sometimes when you do all the right things, it still doesn’t go your way; have your compass and point true north all of the time
– Set goals and be open to opportunities
-Keep emotions out of professional situations and know how to dissect them
– Create a network of people you can go to
– Do not burn your bridges people recycle through your life. Learn how to work with different people. You do not have to like them to work with them. Find the good in the person. Kind something in them that compliments you.
– I learn something new every single day.
Carol also shared some of the qualities to look for in a Mentee!
- Eager to learn
- Has a sense of direction
- Can help teach the Mentor
- Someone who doesn’t spend too much time with people who don’t want to be mentored.
MWN In the News!
Mentoring Women’s Network is thrilled to be Partnering with USA Funds to implement a Mentoring Program to 100 college students here in Indianapolis involving both IvyTech and Marian University Students. This kicked off last Friday at Ivy Tech!
Both IndyStar and TheINDYChannel RTV6 covered this event. Click the links below to read the great articles from both and to find out more info about the partnership and the event!