Project Grow is a unique partnership between the Pass The Torch For Women Foundation and Strada Education committed to mentoring women college students to achieve their goals for higher education and career advancement. Project Grow encourages educational success and teaches the how-to’s of building strategic relationships and honing leadership skills. The end result of these efforts will be a group of women who persist to graduation, successfully transition to the workforce, and grow their careers.
Elements of Project Grow:
Nurturing Mentoring Relationships: Participants will have access to a rolodex of impressive mentors, allowing them to gain knowledge for personal and professional development.
Community: Participants have described the experience in Project Grow as one that has allowed them to create a “sisterhood” among their peers. Students are encouraged to take part in social gatherings, where they are able to connect with like-minded women and let go of any fears of building a strong community around themselves.
Women’s Leadership Skills Building: In addition, eight leadership skills building modules will also be taught by an PTTFW affiliated instructor. Each module is around two hours in length and participants will receive a binder of materials and create an individualized action plan. Modules include:
- “Building Blocks of Mentoring” Module
- “Grow Your Network and Expand Your Career” Module
- “Building Confidence and Navigating Your Career” Module
- “Professional Networking Etiquette” Module
- Resume Building and Professional Headshot Workshop
- Financially Fit Workshop with Fifth Third Bank
- Stress Management Workshop
- Building Authenticity and Confidence Workshop